Who We Are
“The Church Of God-Holy” (Community) (The Bring Folk Together Church) BFTC
In our search to demonstrate/show Christian unity, and to be led and empowered by the Holy Spirit; we believe God has called us to proclaim he death, burial, resurrection and return of Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:3, 4)
In accepting our Vision, Mission and focus, we maintain our need to be anti-racist (A Bring Folk Together Church); that strengthens relationships among all members of the body of Christ; that shares mutually and more fully the stewardship of God’s gifts of our life in Christ; to encourage a growing diversity within our church family and community; that works in harmony with Christian partners worldwide, and to heal the brokenness of the church body within our community as God would have us to do, by the power of His Holy Spirit. Our example would be from the Book of Acts 4:31-37.
**Our goal is to be a “Healthy Church” for Christ. Why? (Glad you asked)! A “Healthy Church” is:
A “Healthy Church” is an organized Church. The purpose of being organized is that the process:
- More biblical and pursues God’s design for man.
- More evangelistic and open to new ways of reaching out.
- More effective in helping other Christians grow.
- More prayerful and wide open to hear from the Holy Spirit and His direction.
- More dependent upon the Godhead rather than self.
Donating to the community (St Luke 6:38)
- Provides structure; having a beginning and an end.
- Supports all things that are currently being done well.
- Channels constructive criticism.
- Promotes an annual comparison of prior year’s accomplishments.
- Tracks needed improvements along the way.
- Gives assistance to the pastor and staff.
- Provides flexibility for all that’s involved within the church.
- Minimizes conflicts that may otherwise build-up.
- Helps leaders develop ministry plans that are in line with God’s priorities, rather than man’s priorities.
- Makes it safe for people to express their opinions, feelings, and ideas.
- Donate to National Disaster:
- Outreach, agencies within the community:
- Senior homes
- Foster homes
- Various shelters
- Search-out families that are in need or (Do you know anyone?)
- Volunteers to help in chosen areas.
- Activities: Once a month have a special project. Examples:
- February (Valentines), take flowers to the un-wed home or to a Senior Center.
- Match (Easter), give gifts to children.
- April (Youth month)
- May (Mother’s Day)
- June (Father’s Day)
- Areas of Ministries that need building/strengthening within the church body:
- Deacon in training
- Trustee Board
- Women’s Department
- Men’s Department
- Youth Department
- Usher Board